1. Families shall read and sign the Statement of Commitment prior to being accepted into Star of the Sea School.
2. For purposed of admission to the school: “practicing Catholics” shall mean those individuals who are registered at Star of the Sea Parish and attend Sunday Mass regularly. “Active in the Parish” shall mean those who support the parish by using envelopes (no minimum amount specified) and participate in the work activities required of them.
3. Attendance at the Education Programs for parents sponsored by the PEC.
PRIORITIES FOR ADMISSION
Priorities for admittance into Star of the Sea School are as follows:
1. Children presently enrolled in the school if they and their families meet the expectations of the school.
2. Siblings of children already in the school, whose families are practicing Catholics active in the Parish.
2. Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in the Parish.
2. Siblings of children already in the school whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
5. Children whose families are practicing Catholics coming into the parish, who have been attending Catholic school elsewhere.
6. Children whose families are practicing Catholics active in other parishes.
7. Children whose families are either not practicing Catholics or not active in their parishes.
8. Non-Catholics. Once accepted into the school, non-Catholics need meet only the criteria expected of other students to be re-admitted in subsequent years. Siblings of non-Catholics cannot be given priority over Catholics.
Each year in spring, we review all the applications for registration and re-registration for the upcoming school year. Our priority of registration, including the acceptance of siblings, will be given to a child or children of parents who meet the criteria of “practicing and active parishioners” in the Parish of Star of the Sea.
An application fee per “Application for Admission” is charged. This processing fee is non-refundable. The Application Fee is $100.00 per child. A non-refundable Registration/Re-registration fee per family for every Registration/Re-registration submitted is charged. The Registration/Re-registration Fee is $75.00.
Application forms are available for pickup at the school office Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.