What's Happening @ Star of the Sea
STUDENT-LED CONFERENCES ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11 Sign up ONLINE for your Student-led conferences:
School Code: ng3r8
- Please put your child's FULL name as many parents have a different last name
- Childcare will be available to parents from 8:30 am to 3:15 pm in the Learning Commons on a per child donation
- Please remember this is a special time set aside for your child/ren to share their work with their parents.
- Students come in uniform for their scheduled time and the rest of the day is NO SCHOOL
- Please note if your child/ren do not attend Student-led conferences they are considered absent for the day
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 11 - 8:30 am to 3:30 pm We will be holding our Scholastic Book Fair in the school library on the Student-led Conference day. Please come and visit and do some shopping to support our school library. A portion of all purchases will come back to the school in the form of new books.
GRADE 7 FAMILIES not returning next year: 2019 Tax Receipts are available for pick up at the school office.
SCHOOL WORK BEE - Saturday, February 22, 8 am to 12 pm If anyone is looking to get some PPP hours please come out and help support the school. The following dates have also been booked: March 14, April 25, May 23, June 13 and June 26 & 27
- SPELLING BEE INFORMATION All students in Grades 4-7 are invited to participate in this year's Star of the Sea School Spelling Bee. This year there will be 2 lunch hour meetings the week before the Spelling Bee on Tuesday, March 3rd and Thursday, March 5th. At these meetings we will review expectations and the process. Students are expected to study the words at home. Click the link below for a copy of the student study word list. Once students have mastered the study list, they may get a head start on the next level of competition by studying the words in Spell It, which is the Scripts official study source for Bee finalists. This guide can be found online at http://myspellit.com/ The in-school Spelling Bee will take place on Tuesday, March 10 and the winner will advance to CISVA's Spelling Bee on Tuesday, April 28 (location TBA).
Only students who have permission slips handed in will be able to participate.
COFFEE and FELLOWSHIP: Everyone Welcome! We have space for your pre-schoolers to play too! Come enjoy the company of other Star of the Sea parents and invite someone new each week - the more the merrier. Every Tuesday morning in the foyer at Good Shepherd Church.
SCHOOL CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Just a reminder that our school website calendar has all the field trips, sports events, school activities, etc. for your perusal.